Are you looking for technician support in your laboratory?
Cogent Skills is a leading provider of apprenticeships and training in the science industries. As a not-for-profit organisation our aim is to ensure the flow of 20,000 apprentices into the science sector by 2020, focusing on science-using occupations.
If you are looking for extra support in the laboratory you might want to consider employing an apprentice. Typical duties of an apprentice in a laboratory include:
- setting up experiments and investigations
- carrying out risk assessments
- collecting and analysing samples
- preparing solutions, cultures or specimens
- recording and presenting data
- ordering and controlling stock
- disposing of chemicals and waste products safely
- cleaning and maintaining equipment
Apprenticeships are much more flexible today. This means that after selecting the most appropriate apprenticeship programme to meet your organisation’s needs, you will be given a personalised training plan for your apprentice – highlighting what the apprentice must undertake to achieve their certification, and to ensure that you are gaining the skills and knowhow you need for the apprentice to become a key member of the team.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
24/08/17 10.17 am