Who are SIP Ambassadors?
SIP Ambassadors are a network of Industry professionals who engage, inspire and enthuse young people into careers within the science based industries. As a SIP Ambassador, you will engage with young people, parents, teachers and careers advisers to promote STEM based careers through visits to schools and colleges, attendance at careers fairs and by supporting industry visits. You will enthuse young people with your own knowledge and provide a unique insight into the world of work.
- Ambassador training includes an interactive workshop which allows you to practice delivering activities, engaging young people, planning your own workshops and discussing the challenges and opportunities of your career
- You’ll have access to our specially developed Futures in Science Careers classroom resource to support you in delivering these activities in classrooms, at events and presentations.
- SIP Ambassadors will receive specialist training and access to our specially developed careers resources.
Why become a SIP Ambassador?
- Receive free training to develop your science careers knowledge
- Challenge the stereotypes associated with working in science- share your story!
- Promote the breadth of careers available in science
- Develop knowledge, confidence and skills in delivering engaging group activities
- Build knowledge of successfully planning activities that inspire young people to choose science
- Promote your company’s career opportunities to young people and inspire your future workforce.
- Network with fellow SIP Ambassadors
If you are interested in becoming a SIP Ambassador please email, email@example.com
For more information about what becoming a SIP Ambassador involves click here
To complete the SIP Ambassador registration form click here.
For companies wondering why you should encourage your employees to become SIP Ambassadors click here.
Already a SIP Ambassador?
Please ensure that after each event or school visit you complete the Ambassador Activity Form.
Trained SIP Ambassadors can log into Cogent Learn to download the Futures in Science resources to use at events by clicking here.