Process Safety Management (PSM) Competence Programme Board
The Process Safety Management (PSM) Competence Programme Board, chaired and led by Richard Roff, Costain PLC incorporates a number of significant UK and international employers from the high hazard industries as well as academics and regulatory authorities. Further expert employer representation is brought to the table by trade and specialist bodies.
Cogent Skills are the secretariat for PSM Project Board (PSM PB), where market demand and industry standards are considered by key employers, duty holders, industry stakeholders, associations and Regulatory Authorities, to ensure a balanced view between business improvement and compliance in all activities.
The PSM Competence Programme Board consists of:
- Anglian Water
- Chemical Industry Association
- Costain PLC
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Lucite International
- National Grid
- NuStar Terminals
- UK LPG
- United Kingdom Petroleum Industry Association (UKPIA)
- Unite the Union
- Tank Storage Association
Responsibilities of the Board:
- To be figureheads for the ongoing campaign to make the high hazard industries a safer place to work.
- Provide guidance and expert advice on the development of national training standards for Process Safety Management which underpin cutting-edge courses through involvement in the PSM Competence Programme Expert Panel.
- Champion skills solutions to improve process safety understanding.
- Input into the rolling National Strategy for Competence in Process Safety Management.
PSM Competence Programme Board and Expert Panel Membership
The success of the PSM Competence Programme will continue to be dependent on the support of stakeholders and industry representatives in both the PSM Competence Programme Board and its Expert Panel.
To contribute to the work of the PSM Competence Programme please contact:
Chair, PSM Competence Programme Board
Chair, PSM Competence Programme Expert Panel