Cogent Skills operates an Apprenticeship Training Agency, quality assured by the National Apprenticeship Service, and in fact, one of the first to receive such status. Running an Apprenticeship Training Agency, or ATA, means that we can support small businesses to take on apprentices where they wouldn’t normally be able to, or larger companies with restrictions placed on headcount.
Small businesses in particular can worry about taking on an apprentice for the first time, because of a lack of support services, such as HR and Payroll, and often mentoring the apprentice. And that is where the ATA comes in.
Using Cogent Skills as an ATA means that we will:
- Have full responsibility for the wages, tax, National Insurance as well as administration of holidays, sickness & absence. For your apprentice.
- Issue of contracts of employment and full requirements against the agency working regulations, eligibility of entitlement to work in the UK along with additional regulatory requirements.
As a host employer you will pay Cogent Skills a monthly management fee plus the apprentice their agreed wage.
As an ATA customer you will receive:
- Support with recruitment – finding the right apprentice to meet your needs (preparing the job description, advertising the position, screening candidates, engaging with candidates, arranging interviews and providing feedback)
- Links to an assured training provider and support to both the apprentice and the host employer, throughout the apprenticeship.
- A dedicated relationship manager to ensure your apprentice is progressing and they are gaining the skills required by the business.
- Information on funding opportunities for which you could be eligible, including local and national grants, and support through the application process.
- Pastoral support and progression planning for your apprentice, as well as training and support for your apprentice’s line manager for an additional fee.
- Expert advice along the way and a bespoke Apprenticeship Training Plan, detailing the qualifications, training provider and assessments.
For more information please contact us or speak to one of our Apprenticeship Advisers on 01925 515200.