Give your science career a lift by gaining valuable work experience
An industrial placement, an apprenticeship, or a shorter internship, will give you a valuable insight into the science industries.
Cogent Skills can offer you help and advice to secure work experience in a range of sectors, including chemicals, polymers, biotechnology, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, bio medical technologies, environmental technologies, bio medical devices and nuclear. Whoever you undertake your placement with our role is to ensure that you are being treated as a member of the team, with real responsibilities to deliver crucial business tasks. Whoever you undertake your placement with our role is to ensure that you are being treated as a member of the team, with real responsibilities to deliver crucial business tasks.
As you progress you can expect regular reviews offering advice, support and feedback on your performance, keeping you moving in the right direction.
What will I gain from a placement?
Work experience can help you to:
- improve your employability by developing skills employers seek
- earn a wage (typical year-long placement salaries start at £15,000)
- stand out from the crowd.
You will also gain:
- improved confidence, IT, time management and other working skills – often referred to as employability skills
- significantly enhanced career prospects after graduation
- greater understanding of how employers operate
- an enhanced CV.