Labour Market Information
The LMI Group will co-ordinate the production of Labour Market Information (LMI) to inform the decisions of the Nuclear Skills Strategy Group and its supporting sub-groups.
Its responsibilities include
- Production of the Nuclear Workforce Assessment report, for consultation and endorsement by the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board
- Production of other LMI reports as directed by the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board, including for example regional, sub-sectoral and thematic reports
- Gathering and sharing information on current and future employment patterns in the sector, to inform the analysis of the demand for skilled employees
- Gathering and sharing information on the potential supply of suitably skilled people to the nuclear sector, including the education and training “pipeline” and potential flows from related sectors
- Annual Nuclear Workforce Assessment Report
- Other Labour Market Intelligence reports as determined by the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board
The Nuclear Workforce Assessment
The current Nuclear Energy skills Alliance (NESA) report summarises the best Labour Market Intelligence (LMI) currently available for the nuclear industry. For the existing estate (both Civil and Defence) updated programmes available in 2015 have been used to provide refreshed data. Nuclear New build has clearly advanced in terms of capital investment and the establishment and growth of project teams. However, it has not been possible at the time of writing to either update the schedule for the construction of new civil generation capacity, or to refine reactor workforce models beyond the generic. Nevertheless, the nuclear workforce model provides a good indication of the national skills challenge, for the industry to inform strategic skills fora.
Other Key documents