The Standards Advisory Group
The Standards Advisory Group will direct the development of, and approve, nuclear industry training standards in support of the Delivery Plan published by the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board.
The Group reports to the Nuclear Skills Strategy Group on strategic issues and to the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board on delivery issues, relating to skills standards.
- Determining skills and training standards needed for the nuclear sector, with regard to Labour Market Intelligence, international standards, government and other public policies
- Reviewing existing standards on the Nuclear Industry Training Framework and other applicable standards, to ensure their continued relevance to the sector
- Producing a strategic map of skills standards required across the industry
- Commissioning new skills standards
- Approving newly-developed standards on behalf of the sector
- Reviewing progress in development and deployment of standards and related products
- Advising the Nuclear Skills Strategy Group and the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board on issues related to skills standards
- Advising the National College for Nuclear when the consideration of the development of educational curriculum is appropriate in support of skills standards
- Co-ordinating employer activity on the development of apprenticeship standards and competency frameworks
Annual Standards Review Strategy, setting out the landscape of recent and upcoming developments in UK skills standards, and their implications for the nuclear sector
Standards Development Plans setting out planned activity to meet the standards-related elements of the Nuclear Skills Programme Delivery Board’s Delivery Plan.
Quarterly performance reports against the Standards Development Plan and the Delivery Plan
New Industry Training Standards, Job Contexts, Training Programme Guidelines, Apprenticeship Standards, Competency Frameworks and similar skills- and training-related standards as required.
Apprenticeship Map for the Nuclear Industry
This Apprenticeship Map is intended to be a useful guide for those in the UK nuclear industry looking for suitable apprenticeship routes for their employees, in common occupations. The map will be updated as Standards and Frameworks are developed and revised.
All comments are welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org