Leaving school or college can be a daunting prospect and one that is faced by many young people as they face making decisions that will help to shape their future.
Apprenticeships are a fantastic first step towards your chosen career. Now seen as being as sound as a University education, Apprenticeships allow you to gain invaluable work experience whilst earning and gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Cogent can support your learning and development in a range of industries and guide you every step of the way.
If you enjoyed studying science and want to pursue a career in the science industry, look no further. From a Laboratory Analyst in the pharmaceutical industry to a Product Design Technician in the polymer industries, Cogent has Apprenticeships to suit.
An Apprenticeship is a structured programme of training which gives you the opportunity to work for an employer, learn on the job and build up knowledge and transferable skills that will be needed throughout a working life.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- There are many reasons why you might want to consider taking an Apprenticeship. Here are just a few of them:
- You will earn while you learn through a combination of classroom and on-the-job study. The level of pay will vary depending on your employer and the level of skill required for the job.
- You will gain valuable and recognised qualifications – allowing you to move onwards and upwards.
- You will gain real responsibilities in your job, improving skills such as confidence, communication skills and organisational skills.
- You will receive specialist training for a particular job, giving you an advantage over those who chose to stay on at school and study A Levels.
- After finishing their Apprenticeship, a majority of apprentices stay in employment, with over two-thirds staying with the same employer.
- If you want to go on to achieve a higher qualification such as a Foundation Degree or Honours and your employer is willing to support you, you can continue to study on a part-time basis.
How Cogent will help make your Apprenticeship outstanding
As an apprentice hosted by Cogent, during your Apprenticeship you will receive excellent training and support. We will mentor and guide you through your Apprenticeship and l ensure your employer gives you the time, support and range of activities you need to become a highly skilled and qualified worker.
We work with you to help you achieve your goals both personal and professional. If you want a career that is both challenging and rewarding then start now by searching our current vacancies.